Everything you need to know before choosing a CBD Tincture
The first time most people step into the world of CBD, it can seem like a confusing place to be. Does CBD come from cannabis or is it hemp? Will CBD make me feel high? Will it help my health condition? And then comes possibly the most difficult question: which CBD product should I buy?
CBD newbies often opt for a liquid CBD tincture because it is convenient to take, and often easier on the pocket.
In this article, you’re going to find out everything you need to know, so that you can decide whether a pure CBD tincture is the best CBD product for you.
What is CBD?
But first let’s just get to grips about what CBD is. CBD is a special molecule called a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. Second in abundance after THC, CBD is non-psychoactive, non-toxic, and is safe to use on people of all ages.
CBD can be extracted from both cannabis and industrial hemp. In fact, really they are the same plant. The main difference being that industrial hemp contains less than 0.3% THC, the part that gets you high. This means that hemp CBD tinctures and products are legal in most countries worldwide.
CBD has become very popular over the last few years because of the growing body of scientific research and anecdotal reports suggesting it has some very interesting effects on the body.
Everything from epilepsy, anxiety, arthritis, MS, PTSD, alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and even cancer, are being examined as possible therapeutic targets for the use of CBD.
What is a CBD tincture?
It’s hard to imagine, but there was a time when tinctures were the most popular form of buying medication from the pharmacy. This includes cannabis tinctures, which until 70 years ago, were commonly available.
In basic terms, CBD cannabis tinctures are liquid cannabis extracts that have been soaked in either alcohol or vegetable glycerin.
Because of the lower concentration of CBD, many take CBD tincture for anxiety, stress, and to aid relaxation.
However, if your needs are more serious, you should probably consider a stronger extract such as CBD oil.
CBD tincture benefits?
Ok, you’ve decided to buy a CBD tincture. So what are the benefits?
- Well, there are several reasons why a CBD oil tincture is a good place to start
It is easy to take under the tongue
- CBD tincture dosage is straightforward as you can measure it with the dropper provided
- For people starting out, it is usually lower in strength, and as a result often cheaper in price
- Because of the lower potency, it may have a less hempy taste, particularly as many producers add extra flavourings
- Using CBD tincture for pain is a popular reason for choosing this method
- CBD tincture oil is one of the most effective ways to absorb CBD in the body, because when taken under the tongue the active compounds go straight into the bloodstream
How to use CBD tincture
It’s vitally important in order to get maximum CBD tincture effects, you must take the tincture under the tongue rather than just swallowing. We all want to get value for money, and swallowing CBD tincture, is literally like throwing your money away because less is absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Using the dropper provided, place the CBD tincture under your tongue
- Try to leave the liquid there for at least a minute before swallowing
- Be sure to take on an empty stomach and allow half an hour for the tincture to take effect
- Perhaps keep a diary, noting down any effects, reactions etc
- Start with a low dose and gradually build up. If you notice you are getting less benefits, reduce your dose or even take a break
How To Make CBD Tincture
If you’re thinking about making a CBD tincture, it really couldn’t be easier.
- Choose your high CBD strain and if necessarily bake in the oven to activate the CBD molecule
- Then, in a jar mix your high CBD cannabis with alcohol, choosing a ratio depending on how strong you would like your tincture to be
- Close the jar and keep in a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks, giving it a shake once a day
- Finally, filter the mixture through a coffee filter, place in another container or dropper bottle, and you’re ready to go!
How to buy CBD tincture
There are some key questions to ask yourself when choosing what is the best CBD tincture.
1. Is it organic?
Buying an organic CBD tincture is a must if you really care about your health. A lot of industrial hemp used in CBD products has been imported from China where it can be grown on polluted land using lots of chemicals. So always check that the CBD tincture you see for sale is 100% organic, free from pesticides, heavy metals etc
2. Do you really know how much CBD is in your product?
Many less reputable companies make unfounded claims about the amount of CBD or other active ingredients that are in their products. Demand third party lab reports to ensure you’re really getting what it says on the label.
3. Make sure your product is as natural as possible
Because CBD tinctures are often a first time purchase or possibly used by children, many companies add flavourings to make the hemp taste more palatable. Sounds great in principle, but it’s not such a good thing if those flavourings are artificial and made from nasty chemicals. So, always opt for a tincture that’s as natural as possible.
4. Get advice from independent sites
If you’re still in doubt about what is the best CBD tincture to buy, it’s a good idea to consult with a CBD tincture review site for independent advice. Facebook also has many CBD user groups, usually for each country. So why not join and start a thread asking advice about which tincture to buy?
So that’s CBD hemp oil tinctures pretty much covered. Don’t forget that as well as tinctures, there are also more concentrated CBD products on the market which don’t contain alcohol, and are therefore arguably better for our health. At Endoca we are market leaders in pure, organic certified, hemp CBD oil extracts.
For more information about our top quality, alcohol free, organic CBD oil products, visit the Endoca online store where our customer support team will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.