What are they, how to make them and 2 easy recipes
CBD edibles are a hot topic at the moment, with products popping up all over the place containing the ever-popular compound. This means there are a lot of people rushing to buy CBD edibles online, however the market is completely saturated with products. While this may seem like a blessing for consumers, we are here to tell you exactly why you should avoid buying pre-made CBD edibles online and simply make your own at home!
So, what are CBD edibles? The term ‘CBD edible’ is simply a term used for an edible CBD infused product, such as CBD candy or CBD chocolate bars.
First, let’s start by discussing the reasons why you should shun the shops and DIY your own CBD infused edibles
1. You know the ingredients – By making your own CBD edibles, you get to decide exactly what you put into your recipes, as well as what you leave out. In this day and age, food items can contain a whole range of nasty additive, huge amounts of sugar and salt, and in CBD edibles case, CBD isolate or CBD oil from an unverified source. Making your own CBD edibles ensures that from start to finish, you know exactly what is inside your end product
2. You have creative control – there’s nothing worse than going to a shop, craving a certain food, to find they only have one flavour, or one type of topping. To avoid this simply makeit yourself! Same goes with buying CBD edibles. By making CBD edibles yourself, you can decide on whatever flavour tickles your fancy! You want to make coconut water and mango CBD lollipops? Maybe CBD chocolate and peanut butter infused biscuits? Perhaps you’re a health nut, and the idea of kale, carrot and cucumber candies really gets you excited, but you can’t find anyone as crazy as you to make the lollies. Simple solution, make your own!
3. You have control over the amount of CBD in your products – these days, there are few avenues for people to find out exactly what are in their CBD edibles. Especially when purchasing them from a company who do not provide lab reports for their products that prove that their claimed levels of cannabinoids are accurate. It is up to the consumer to purchase on blind faith. That’s all well and good if you are just buying the products for taste, however, most users of CBD are buying CBD products with the intent to use them to maintain their overall health. It is quite common to find labels on products promising high CBD edibles, however unless you have lab tests proving it, you never really know. By making your own CBD edibles, you can know and DECIDE how much CBD is in each batch or each candy. It also means that if you find that a certain level of CBD works better for you than others, you have total control, and are able to easily adjust the CBD levels to suit your body.
4. Not all CBD edibles are made equal – did you know that when CBD is heated above 200F its quality is affected? Essentially, any CBD edible product that has been over processed or overheated becomes damaged, and maintains no medicinal qualities. The only way to know for sure your CBD edibles have not been heated above 200F is… well, you guessed it!By making it yourself!
So how exactly do you go about getting CBD to use in your recipes?
You can most definitely use the edible CBD oil products in your recipes, and this is the most popular product to use in edibles as it is the most commonly known CBD product, however, due to the oily consistency of this type of CBD extract, using an edible CBD oil is not always the best choice. This is where CBD isolate, otherwise known as pure CBD crystals, comes in. CBD isolate is exactly what its name suggests. Pure, isolated CBD.
CBD in its pure, isolated form is a crystallized product. CBD crystals have many applications, and are a great product to have on hand when you need a boost of CBD. You can vaporise them, mix them with your cannabis flowers, put them in a smoothie and, of course, use them in recipes for edibles. Don’t let the term ‘isolate’ or ‘pure’ fool you, remember, unless you have a lab report from the company you are purchasing from, there is no way of truly knowing just how ‘pure’ your CBD crystals are. This is why it is of paramount importance that you have batch reports for the products you buy. As we all know, peace of mind is priceless.
So now that we have discussed why you should give CBD edibles a try for yourself, and what you will need to do it, let’s look at a few simple CBD edible recipes we found on www.wakeandbakecookbook.com to get you into the kitchen and cooking up a storm! Remember, your creation is only limited by your imagination! Feel free to swap out the different juices and fruits used in the recipes to adjust to your own taste!
CBD Lollipop or CBD hard candy recipe
What you’ll Need:
A good kitchen thermometer
Lollipop or hard candy molds
CBD extract or CBD crystals
1 Cup organic sugar
1/2 Cup organic light corn syrup
1/4 Cup Filtered Water
Combine sugar, syrup and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat:
1. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Once boiling, insert a candy thermometer. Don’t stir after your magic concoction starts to boil.
3. When your thermometer reads 300 • Fahrenheit, immediately remove from heat. Keep your thermometer in the pot.
4. When the temperature drops to 250• Fahrenheit, stir in:
0. 1 tsp Organic orange or lemon flavor
1. 2-3 tsp cannabis extract
5. Carefully pour into lollipop moulds or candy moulds.
6. Allow to cool completely at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Berry Cannabis Gummies
In a saucepan, combine the following ingredients over medium-low heat:
2/3 Cup Pureed Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries or Blueberries (if using frozen berries, let them thaw first) [If you have juice and you’d rather use that than the pureed berries, go for it! Just increase the Gelatin by about 1/2 Tablespoon]
1/3 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Honey (or maple syrup or other sweetener)
2-3 tsp CBD extract
Slowly whisk in:
3 Tablespoons grass fed gelatin
Keep whisking until smooth and all ingredients are incorporated. Turn off heat. Using a dropper, fill your silicon mold with your gummy mixture (you could also use a pan lined with parchment paper if you’re in a pinch).
Allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the freezer or 15 in the fridge.
Cooking not your style?
If you decide that you prefer buying your CBD edibles, we always suggest to search out the CBD edibles reviews, that way you can read about other people’s experiences and make sure you are buying a product that other people have tried and tested. You will find it very easy to locate CBD edibles for sale online, just make sure you know the products you are buying are going to do what they promise to do. No one can tell you what CBD gummies effects will be, as companies are not allowed to make medical claims regarding CBD, however the reviews should give you a good indication of whether or not your product is worth the investment.
So if your mouth is watering at the thought of making CBD edibles and you want to get hold of the purest CBD isolate to give it that CBD goodness, check out our Endoca online shop. Our friendly customer service staff are ready to answer any questions you might have.