The holidays just wouldn’t be the same without egg nog and this year, we have one of the best Christmas recipes for deliciously creamy CBD eggnog that will leave even the Grinchiest of us wishing it was Christmas every day of the year!
This special CBD recipe may look and taste a whole lot like the “real deal”(creamy, sweet, and spiced with nutmeg to perfection), but it’s much gentler on the stomach due to the lack of cream and sugar, its vegan so ideal for those that don't take dairy.
With the addition of CBD hemp oil, our CBD recipe is the perfect antidote to the stress of the holiday season.
*Makes 2, 8 oz servings
16 oz fresh hazelnut milk (see recipe below)
½ cup young Thai coconut meat (you can also find frozen pureed Thai coconut meat at many health food stores. If using this, use about ¼ cup)
3 Tbsp of maple syrup or use 2 Tbsp + 3 drops of liquid stevia to reduce the sugar content
2 teaspoons of raw chia seeds
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
3-4 drops of Endoca 3% Raw hemp oil
1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed
Dash of cinnamon
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
1) Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy (for about 15 – 20 seconds to allow the chia to fully break down and for the coconut to become super creamy).
2) To prepare your own Raw Hazelnut Milk you will need the following ingredients:
1 cup of raw hazelnuts, soaked
4 cups of purified water
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Soak your hazelnuts for a minimum of 8 hours (you can simply soak them overnight).
- Blend soaked hazelnuts with 1 cup of water until a paste forms, then add in the additional 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt and blend again.
- This process will help ensure all of the hazelnuts blend down properly, especially if you aren’t using a high-speed blender.
- Strain milk through a nut milk bag, removing the milk from the fiber.
- Store milk in a glass airtight jar (we recommend quart sized mason jars!) in the fridge for up to 7 days. It is perishable, but the pinch of salt will help preserve it a bit.
And that’s it!
So many of us suffer from anxiety and stress and with CBD showing so much potential as a treatment for these conditions, this CBD recipe is perfect for this time of year when stress can become a major factor in what is supposed to be the best time of the year.
This special CBD recipe also leaves out all traces of dairy products and eggs, so it’s completely suitable for vegans and instead of leaving you feeling queasy from too much lactose, it’s also refined sugar-free, relying on the mellow, delicious sweetness of real maple syrup.
So, forget about the shopping and the presents for a minute and get yourself in the holiday spirit by trying one of the best Christmas recipes this holiday season with this delicious CBD eggnog recipe today!
Recipe courtesy of Breakfast Criminals