Though our body has ways to effectively get rid of pollutants, by way of our immune and lymphatic systems, things can still slip past and stay buried, hidden and accumulating in the body.
So What is it We Must Look For?
Our immune system is an incredible defense system that can detect and immobilise bacteria and viruses attacking our system. The lymph system is the regulatory system that functions as a filter for the body, removing any abnormal cells, debris or pathogens entering the body as well as sending out lymphocytes; disease-fighting cells. Lymph nodes are located all around the body; in the throat, chest, underarms, forearms, and groin; and is where one beauty product in particular does the most damage.
Common supermarket antiperspirants and deodorants may have rather disastrous effects on the body. These products have been made with very little regard to what long-term effects it may have on us and is something we should all steer clear of for the sake of longevity.
Its ingredients list hosts a number of detrimental metals, plastics and hormone-affecting components which just shouldn’t be placed anywhere near our bodies. These products include ingredients such as:
- Aluminum – This is the primary ingredient in most stuff you’ll buy at the store. It’s a metal which has been linked to breast cancer in women and increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease,
- Parabens – This synthetic preservative is found in a lot of personal care products. The largest concern is that these chemicals will disrupt our delicate hormonal balance. Paraben exposure has also been linked to birth defects and organ toxicity,
- Propylene glycol – This is a petroleum-based material. In large quantities, studies have shown that this stuff can cause damage to the central nervous system, liver and heart,
- Phthalates – Another class of chemicals that have been linked to a variety of health issues, including birth defects,
- Triclsoan – This chemical is actually classified as a pesticide by the FDA and a probable carcinogen by the Environmental Protection Agency.
So, why not try using a home-made, safe and efficacious deodorant that won’t break the bank.
A selection of our products
If you’re worried about what you’ve been applying to your skin, making your own deodorant at home is simple, efficient and relatively easy. Plus, you can customise your deodorant depending on what you require from day to day. Below you can follow this simple step-by-step guide to making your own deodorant at home:
- Sterilised container for keeping final product in
- Glass mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- 2 tbsp of bicarbonate soda
- 10 - 15 drops of your choice of essential oils*
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of arrowroot flour
- 10 drops of CBD oil
- First you will want to make sure that the coconut oil is in its liquid form. This is easily achieved by placing it in a saucepan and heating it until melting point: 24 °C (76 °F).
- Mix coconut oil, bicarbonate soda and arrowroot flour together in a mixing bowl until it forms a cream-like consistency
- Mix in your chosen essential oils - you may like to choose jojoba for its invigorating qualities, tea tree for its antibacterial properties, lavender for its calming properties, etc,
- Add in the 10 drops of CBD oil (3%) - CBD will help reduce irritation from shaving or waxing, as well as provide antibacterial and detoxifying effects to the thin skin under your arms, while also rectifying any imbalances in your system,
- Mix together completely and scrape out into sterilised container.
To use, just dip your fingers into the deodorant paste and rub it into your armpits. At the beginning, you may need to apply this deodorant a few times a day as your body gets used to this new product, but it shouldn’t take long before you begin to feel the positive effects of your CBDeodorant.
In order to get the right products that work, make sure you visit sites like Trustpilot where you can find real reviews from real customers. You can also find top quality, high grade hemp/ CBD oil at the Endoca webshop and if you’re unsure of what product is right for you, one of our web support staffers will be happy to help.